ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TTC website issues thread (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10196)

cyxui 01/29/23 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 47062)
As I was able to use the back browser button it should have been the same tab. I think it happened before a new search results tab was opened, not sure anymore.

I'll try to rebuild it and provide more info (hope the pop-up add will show).

I tried for like > 50 times and couldn't get the pop up to show. Not sure how you guys are seeing it so often. If its same tab only then i might have a theory on why and how to fix it.

Baertram 01/30/23 07:15 AM

I tried 2 days to get the popup too and it just won't show anymore for me:confused:

desertforce 02/21/23 03:07 PM

Webpage Search broken ???

Hi...

I just went to the TTC webpage and tried to search for "" Claw-Dance Acolyte "". But the page said - no results found :confused::confused::confused: .?! Ingame alot of those items are being sold.

Could it be that something is broken?

Best regards
De-chan

Baertram 02/21/23 03:10 PM

Works fine for me?
PC, NA or EU server, language EN, enter search term "claw dance" or "claw-dance" or similar

desertforce 02/21/23 03:41 PM

Thx Baertram for testing.

Idk why, but after I cleared my temp-files and cookies it now does work for me again :eek:...

Best regards
De-chan

RangedPuppet 04/27/23 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 47037)
Yes, that maybe but you should not focus on 1% vs 10% here any longer. As long as it's not 30% or more it should be acceptable for a free service, isn't it?

The author already explained why he had to do that step, and what the other steps would have been.
He cannot make it acceptable for all as its his bare money that get's lost there, which we need to accept.

So you should focus on yur descired outcome now and decide what your desired result will be:

a) You (and others) go on ranting about it w/o paying and the total service will be shut down in the end
b) You pay and help and the adds are gone for you
c) You use it with the adds and click them away as they appear (Pressing the back button on the browser navigation should bring you back to where you were before the add came up and so your search that you tried to open should be repeatable that way. If not: Maybe provide 1 example to the author so he can rebuild it and fix it, if possible).
d) You do not use the service anymore

Hi I am new here on the forums I have been paying to use TTC for over a year now, I've set up an automatic payment throgh my bank I 've had a stroke a month agoand because of that am now disabled those adds I could live with but the captcha is making it the s:(troke affected my vision and I fail the captcha constantlyI find it un ridicilous that I pay for an add freeexperience with adds regardless and on top of that have to deal with the captcha which is failing endlessly I am a high volume trader and need to check prices often

Baertram 04/28/23 02:04 AM

Sorry to read that about your stroke :(
I'm not responsible for the TTC website but just want to answer on the captcha:
I personally never saw any captcha at the website so far so maybe it's something for the login authentification that you get if you pay?

Maybe cyxui can change that to a "bigger" visual way, or add some audio auth so one can hear the text to type.

cyxui 04/28/23 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangedPuppet (Post 47652)
Hi I am new here on the forums I have been paying to use TTC for over a year now, I've set up an automatic payment throgh my bank I 've had a stroke a month agoand because of that am now disabled those adds I could live with but the captcha is making it the s:(troke affected my vision and I fail the captcha constantlyI find it un ridicilous that I pay for an add freeexperience with adds regardless and on top of that have to deal with the captcha which is failing endlessly I am a high volume trader and need to check prices often

Sorry to hear about the stroke and thanks for being a paid member.

The server got brought down several times by people spamming the server none stop. I had to introduce the captcha wall to keep it alive.

1. It has a hidden test which estimates how likely you are a bot with machine learning algorithm.
2. If the first test says you are likely a bot then the second level captcha system will kick in.

There are few things you can do to reduce the likelihood of being flagged as bot for the 1st test
1. Do NOT disable cookie. Google will need to have some way to keep track of the machine learning progress. If you disable cookie then they will see you as a new user every time. And if all the requests coming from your IP are all new users then it would look super suspicious.
2. Do NOT use browser addons which would interfere w/ Google's captcha service. (for example ad blocker which attempts to block all Google's service including captcha). Since you are already a paid member you can just go to account settings and turn on the disable ads option.
3. Do not use any automation software/addon to query TTC such as a custom web client or an auto refresher. Auto refresher is the most common cause that triggers captcha
4. Do not wait too long to solve the captcha
5. Try not to use VPN as it will greatly increase your chance of being identified as bot if someone is botting using the same VPN software as you

Note that your "bot score" will not drop immediate. But it should start to recover after a week or two's usage.

Dirty_Mongrel 05/08/23 07:59 AM

Server seems to be down... :-(

ApoAlaia 05/08/23 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty_Mongrel (Post 47747)
Server seems to be down... :-(

Yep :(

Plugin hasn't been able to pull the price table since 11:36 BST for me.

Came here hoping for news...

cyxui 05/08/23 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApoAlaia (Post 47748)
Yep :(

Plugin hasn't been able to pull the price table since 11:36 BST for me.

Came here hoping for news...

Should be up now. Cause yet to be confirmed

ApoAlaia 05/08/23 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyxui (Post 47749)

Thanks for the heads up :)

It is up! \o/

Ashjunkie 05/08/23 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyxui (Post 47749)

Still down for me. It says the site can't be reached.

Sidewaves 05/08/23 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashjunkie (Post 47751)
Still down for me. It says the site can't be reached.

Same for me

Upd. Works fine now

Ashjunkie 05/08/23 11:10 AM

yay! up for me now! <3

Honestaly 07/01/23 08:24 PM

Server seems to be down. The website is listening to file uploads, but quite a few of us are getting

This site can’t be reachedThe connection was reset.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Baertram 07/02/23 04:35 AM

For me it is working fine (again), EU and NA.
client.exe updates properly too,.

Honestaly 07/02/23 08:06 AM

So then there's something potentially internet related?

It's not my AV, I added an exception for the domain and it still throws out that the conneciton was aborted.

The client.exe app does update, but I can't get into the site. Tried this on multiple PCs, one from work that uses an entirely different DNS server.

And my phone, when off my wifi network has the same problem.

Honestaly 07/02/23 08:09 AM

I've also turned my ad-block(s) off. Doesn't affect it.
I pay a subscription to not get ads anyway.

I've also used Firefox, which I do not install ad-blocks on, for these kinds of tests.

Baertram 07/02/23 09:43 AM

Maybe your country is blocking the access then, or whatever does it.
Do you get any cloudflare website or just "cannot load"?

I tried with 3 browsers, phone network, phone wlan (mine, open other), with VPN and without. Works okay.
https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade
https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade

Swithcign language to En does not work somehow, but using the direct link does it:
https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade?lang=en-EN
https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade?lang=en-EN