ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Translation Help (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Do these say what I think they say? (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1386)

katkat42 05/05/14 05:46 PM

Do these say what I think they say?

I have a button tag I want to translate. The tag is "Craft All". I have DE "Alles Machen" and FR "Faire Toute". The former came from my less-than-fluent knowledge of German; the latter is from Google Translate. Do they make grammatical sense? Also, are these the terms used in the vanilla UI?

Thanks!

Xrystal 05/05/14 06:54 PM

I'm not 100% sure of the grammatical sense of the French version but technically it means To Make Everything. The phrase make all is showing as faites tout on reverso.net.

Looking further at reverso.net one of the translations for craft all is showing as métier tout. Metier translates to trade/occupation etc.

Hopefully one of the official French speakers can confirm. My French never went beyond high school.

Tonyleila 05/05/14 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katkat42 (Post 7022)
I have a button tag I want to translate. The tag is "Craft All". I have DE "Alles Machen" and FR "Faire Toute". The former came from my less-than-fluent knowledge of German; the latter is from Google Translate. Do they make grammatical sense? Also, are these the terms used in the vanilla UI?

Thanks!

In German "Craft All" woud be more like "Alle herstellen"

katkat42 05/05/14 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyleila (Post 7025)
In German "Craft All" woud be more like "Alle herstellen"

Ah, there's the word I was searching for! Danke Schoen!

Brett'el 05/08/14 05:16 AM

For the French :
"Craft All" can be translated by "Tout Crafter"

katkat42 05/08/14 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett'el (Post 7195)
For the French :
"Craft All" can be translated by "Tout Crafter"

Thank you very much! I'll incorporate that into the next release.

katkat42 05/19/14 03:49 PM

Okay, I'm adding a new feature. Does this look correct?

"Craft Many" => "Viele Herstellen" => "Plusieurs Crafter"

Tonyleila 05/19/14 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katkat42 (Post 8081)
Okay, I'm adding a new feature. Does this look correct?

"Craft Many" => "Viele Herstellen" => "Plusieurs Crafter"

I guess yes but not shure what the new option can do. So woud need to know before confirm the german one.

katkat42 05/20/14 01:39 PM

This button displays a slider that allows the user to choose how many they want to craft at a time.

Tonyleila 05/21/14 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katkat42 (Post 8121)
This button displays a slider that allows the user to choose how many they want to craft at a time.

Then its: "Mehrere Herstellen"

Iyanga 05/21/14 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katkat42 (Post 8121)

"Craft Many" is already strange.

A "Craft" button is sufficient, because the GUI element should only contain one value.

If you have a slider, then there should be no buttons to ignore the slider values like "Craft All" or "Craft One", instead there should be a button to set the slider value to max (if really necessary) and a "Craft" button. And there is no need to show or hide the slider. Just display the slider always, but set it to the default value of 1, so the UI behaves the default way if nothing is changed.

Just my opinion.

katkat42 05/21/14 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iyanga (Post 8163)
If you have a slider, then there should be no buttons to ignore the slider values like "Craft All" or "Craft One", instead there should be a button to set the slider value to max (if really necessary) and a "Craft" button. And there is no need to show or hide the slider. Just display the slider always, but set it to the default value of 1, so the UI behaves the default way if nothing is changed.

Just my opinion.

That's not a bad idea, and I'll probably revise my addon to be something like that in future. I didn't do it this time because the "Many" bit is an additional feature to an addon that originally just did "All".