ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Soul Gem Filled Notification (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6513)

BigMons 09/12/16 12:12 AM

Soul Gem Filled Notification

I was wondering if someone could make an addon that can track when a soul gem gets filled? I have RAETIA Infohub, and it keeps track of the filled and empty gems for me, but I'd like to see an onscreen alert and possibly have a sound effect (selectable) fire when I trap a soul. I envision this working very much like the Killing Blow alert in the addon TweakIt by Circonian where you can toggle the message on/off and choose the sound via a drop-down menu in settings.

There is an old addon called Soul Gem Notifier that supposedly prints a chat message when you obtain a new filled soul gem in the inventory, but I don't know if it still works (about to try it out) and I'm pretty sure it doesn't do an onscreen alert or play any sounds. I don't know if the API has a way to track this or not other than the method that Soul Gem Notifier was using. There may be a few different events. I know there is a gear set, something oblivion that can capture souls, and I personally use the soul magic passive Soul Lock on one character. Then there is the standard Soul Trap skill. I guess the method used by Soul Gem Notifier would work if there isn't another method, but it would fire the alert even if you just looted a filled gem or got one in the mail or out of the bank etc. Not a big deal really I suppose.

EDIT: I tried adding the addon "ChatAlert LAM2 + ESO 3 Patch" to detect the "Filled a Soul Gem" message and fire off a sound, but it doesn't seem to work. It plays the sound if i type "Filled a Soul Gem" into chat, but when Soul Gem Notifier sends the message to chat, the Chat Alert addon doesn't pick up the message and play the sound. :( Was worth a shot I suppose.

Scootworks 09/12/16 03:57 AM

do you want a Center Screen message with Sound?

if yes, add after line 28 ( d("|r|c00FFFF Filled a Soul Gem") ) this:

Code:

CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE:AddMessage(CSA_EVENT_LARGE_TEXT, SOUNDS.AVA_GATE_OPENED, "|r|c00FFFF Filled a Soul Gem")

BigMons 09/12/16 08:59 PM

Here is what I have now, but it doesn't seem to affect the addon in any way. I made the change before I loaded the game, and also checked it again while in-game and reloaded ui, but no change.

Scootworks 09/12/16 09:16 PM

ok, but that happens only if you fill a soulgem... just to be sure: did you skill "Soul Lock" passive in Soul Magic? At Level 2 you have 10% Chance to automatically fill a Soul gem with "weapon skills" (light and heavy attacks or some attacks of the weapon tree)

edit: and sorry, i just copy paste the text, Change it to:
Code:

CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE:AddMessage(CSA_EVENT_LARGE_TEXT, SOUNDS.AVA_GATE_OPENED, "|c00FFFF Filled a Soul Gem|r")

BigMons 09/12/16 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scootworks (Post 28337)
ok, but that happens only if you fill a soulgem... just to be sure: did you skill "Soul Lock" passive in Soul Magic? At Level 2 you have 10% Chance to automatically fill a Soul gem with "weapon skills" (light and heavy attacks or some attacks of the weapon tree)

I do have Soul Lock 2/2 for 10% chance, but for testing, I started using the Soul Trap skill so that I could guarantee a 100% chance to fill a soul gem. I pasted in the data you gave and then trapped a soul. I received the "Filled a Soul Gem" notification in the chat window, but nothing onscreen nor did any sound play. I'm continuing to try different modifications, but it's trial and error since I'm not a coder lol. :D The only other addon that I can think of offhand that I have that creates an announcement is Master Merchant, which I've looked at, but it uses variables and is more complex.

EDIT: I tried the file that you sent me. It still seems to work fine as far as putting the message into the chat box, but still no onscreen announcement.

EDIT: I'll switch to the test server without any other addons for a clean environment.

Scootworks 09/12/16 10:01 PM

i'm not at home, i can't test it :( will be at home in about 8-9h

Code:

CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE:AddMessage(0, CSA_EVENT_LARGE_TEXT, SOUNDS.AVA_GATE_OPENED, "|c00FFFF Filled a Soul Gem|r")
maybe if you add the "0," it will work (i hope)

BigMons 09/12/16 10:15 PM

Resolved

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scootworks (Post 28339)
maybe if you add the "0," it will work (i hope)

LOL, the "0" fixed it! :banana: Now I'll look into changing the sound. Probably need to look at the developer utilities/mods to figure out the correct syntax and to find the sounds. If you were on the PC/NA server, I'd send you some gold. Thanks!

EDIT: Was able to change the sound as well.

Scootworks 09/12/16 10:45 PM

no i'm on EU Server, i don't Need Gold :) i'm thankful if the other devs helping me too :)

you will find a list with all sounds here: http://wiki.esoui.com/Sounds

have fun :)