View Single Post
02/06/15, 06:24 PM   #12
BornDownUnder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
Well now that you (kind of) bring it up, I've never understood the point of getting mad at someone who dredges up an old thread - especially if what they have to say is relevant.

If they are trying to see if there is an answer to a still open question, either answer them if you can or let the post slide back into the darkness. No harm, no foul. Berating the "necroposter" (which is a term I find incredibly amusing, by the way ) is really just perpetuating the the practice you hold in contempt.
I never get mad or find discontent when someone posts on a thread that hasn't been 'alive' for a while... I've even seen on other forums threads renewed and sparked to full conversation after years of a lack of post.

The way I see it, if someone posts something then they had a reason and that reason for them is relevant. Therefore I reason that if it is relevant enough for the poster then it is relevant enough for me to read, even if it means I have to review a thread years old for information regarding what the recent post is pertaining to.

Basically put, if you were to post, would you want your post to be read or to be ignored for the simple reason of time stamp on the thread creation/last post?