View Single Post
04/01/15, 09:40 PM   #11
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can find a working copy on my here: EmoteIt

It works in a very similar fashion (or I think given what I was told). You add text to the EmoteIt_EmoteList.lua file that will trigger emotes whenever you say it in the given chat channel.

You can open the: EmoteIt_EmoteList.lua file
and add keytext to trigger emotes, although It is not laid out exactly the same. One "TriggerText" per line. There are examples in the file.
P.S. There are only like 3 examples of triggerText for emotes...its not "pre-loaded" with triggerText, you have to add your own.

DISCLAIMER:

The functions that were being used in the addon for getting emote information & playing emotes do not even exist anymore. The addon is so small & so many things needed rewritten that it was easier to just write my own from scratch.
Since there is no licensing information in the addon or on the addon page, I was hesitant about updating someone elses work. That being said: Since the addon is so small, since I rewrote the entire thing from scratch...and again because of the licensing or lack of, I changed the name.

I would have gladly left it as AutoEmote & left my name off of it and just posted it as an update for Taijin...but the AutoEmote name is not mine to use. If Taijin comes back he can gladly have all of the code I wrote & use it to update his addon.

Last edited by circonian : 04/01/15 at 10:44 PM.