View Single Post
06/07/15, 06:48 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for all the work! It looks great and I like the new width AND the new icon picker widget :-)
Need to test and play around with it when i find the time.

Currently I got no error messages tested with my addons changed to new version 17.5 and libStub version 3, all other addons left with older LAM version 17.

One point I noticed:
The search box only works if I use lower case characters to search.
If I search for example the string "Item" it will not find any matching text. But if I search for "item" it will find "ItemSaver".
The same for example with "Wykkyd" and "wykkyd".

Another question:
The controls using the "full" width still only use 3/4 of the available width. Is there any reason why they cannot use the full available width of the options panel?
Some german texts are really long and don#t fit in there, but they would if the full width would be used.

If 2 "half" width controls are next to each other the full width is used too so it should be possible?

For example only 1 checkbox is used with a very long text and then you see the "ON" or "OFF" at the far right side.
Currently the text is truncated and the "ON" or "OFF" is shown at 3/4 of the possible width.

EDIT:
I now see why the checkbox text "ON" and "OFF" is not aligned at the far right side. The other controls, like buttons and sliders, are wider then the checkbox text and thus is why the "ON" and "OFF" is aligned to the left side of the "reserved space" of the buttons/slider controls.
So the alignment to the far right side would break the readability if there are checkboxes, then sliders, then checkboxes again.

A feature request for the icon picker widget:
Could you add a second array to the widget where we can specify tooltips for the icons?
Something like this:

Lua Code:
  1. {
  2.     type = "iconpicker",
  3.     name = "Icon 1:",
  4.     tooltip = "Choose your icon",
  5.     choices = {"texture path 1\sword.dds", "texture path 2\gold.dds"}.
  6.     choicesTooltips = {"Sword", "Gold coins"}
  7. ...
  8. }

This would be cool :-) Thanks again for all the effort and work you put into this great addon (ZOs should pay you devs some special items for it imo )

I could also imagine, instead of using another tooltip control that shows if we mouse over the icons, we could just use the icon picker's label control to show the currently mouse over icon:

Lua Code:
  1. local texturesList = {
  2.     "Sword",
  3.     "Coins",
  4. }
  6. ...
  8. {
  9.     type = "iconpicker",
  10.     name = "Icon 1:",
  11.     tooltip = "Choose your icon",
  12.     choices = {"texture path 1\sword.dds", "texture path 2\gold.dds"}.
  13.     choicesTooltips = texturesList,
  14.     getFunc = function() return settings.icon[1].texture end,
  15.     setFunc = function(texturePath)
  16.         local textureId = GetTextureId(texturePath) -- maps the currently selected texture path to the index of the arry so only the index needs to be saved to the saved variables
  17.         if textureId ~= 0 then
  18.             settings.icon[1].texture = textureId
  19.             --This part could be done by the choicesTooltips array automatically on OnMouseEnter() of each icon in the selection list
  20.             Preview1_IconPicker.label:SetText("Icon 1: " .. texturesList[textureId])
  21.         end
  22.     end,
  23.     maxColumns = 6,
  24.     visibleRows = 5,
  25.     iconSize = 32,
  26.     width = "half",
  27.     default = settingsVars.settings.icon[1].texture,
  28.     reference = "Preview1_IconPicker"
  29. },

Another feature request for the icon picker widget:
Is there a possibility to color the icons with a default color, without having to call the SetColor() function inside a callback function of the panel, after the control has been created?
Otherwise I'd love to see a "defaultColor" parameter too!

A small bug with the icon picker:

FORGET THE FOLLOWING ABOUT THE ICON PICKER'S ICON DISAPPEARING, IT WAS MY FAULT! I specified an index instead of a texture path....

If you open the icon picker and choose and icon, then click another control ont he current LAM panels, the icon picker will "forget" the selected icon and will not select any icon.

This will also happen if the icon picker is closed and you click on any other LAM control. The icon shown inside the closed icon picker is gone all of sudden.

This would result in some error messages at addons as at least any icon must be chosen. Selecting no icon would be maybe a solution for some special case but I think there should be selected the last/default icon at least if NO icon was selected or the icon picker get's closed by closing the whole LAM panel (using the ESC key) or clicking somewhere else.

Another bug with the edit box:
The edit box is shown inside the slider controls somehow and I cannot move the cursor inside properly.
You can check it by using my addon FCOChatTabBrain and scroll down to the bottom of the settings panel for example.

There should be 2 edit boxes as the 3rd and 2nd last settings, and afterwards there should be shown a slider as the last control.
But both edit controls are somehow displayed in each other?

Last edited by Baertram : 06/07/15 at 08:50 AM.