View Single Post
09/14/15, 03:38 PM   #5
zgwortz
Originally Posted by Wandamey View Post
except that the indexes depend on the filters at the cooking station afaik.
so you'll have them only for known recipes.

maybe you want to have a look at this mod :
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1034-CookeryWiz.html
it has a full list of recipes.
it is still maintained and developped.
Actually, my desire is specifically to create a mod which does this without requiring a full list of recipes so it doesn't NEED to be changed at all when they add/remove recipes and recipe lists to the game.

I can come close to what I want -- known recipes can be obtained from the indices, but you cannot get the original recipe link from them. Unknown recipes can be obtained from recipe links in inventories, guild stores, and the like, but you then have no way at all to connect them to the indices in the cooking station. You're simply missing the connecting piece, which is the indices corresponding to the recipe links. With that I could have code which builds the entire recipe table purely from in-game data as you see recipe links and learn recipes.

And from the data I've gotten from those APIs, it seems the indices don't actually change based on the filters at all. They appear to be fixed, and if a character doesn't know a particular recipe, they simply return empty data for a particular index.

I'm slightly tempted to make a libRecipe.lua which just has each Recipe Link and it's corresponding recipeListIndex and recipeIndex (from which *everything* else can be derived through in game APIs), but it detracts a lot from my original no-maintenance-required concept.