View Single Post
09/14/15, 04:21 PM   #9
zgwortz
If that were the approach I wanted to take, yes, I might do that, but it's not. Honestly, I'd never even considered the idea of scanning the entire item list for recipes (If that's even possible to do -- is there an item link iterator for all items in the API? I didn't see one...) -- my design concept here is a sparsely filled data set.

I'm currently loading known recipes as each character loads, and as recipes are learned. As unknown recipes get spotted by the add-on in the bank/inventory/guild stores, I add them to my data set -- that's hardly a lot of effort as I'm catching these in the tooltip hook during mouseover currently.

But right now I have no easy way to connect the two - I can't positively identify the indices for a recipe I'm adding to my data set, so until a player actually *learns* the recipe, i don't know which list it belongs to or where it belongs in that list. Hence my wish for a way to get the recipeListIndex and recipeIndex from an itemLink.

Frankly, I'm confused at the resistance to the idea. It doesn't seem like a particularly unreasonable thing to ask for.