View Single Post
09/17/23, 05:19 PM   #118
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I realize you use Google 'shtuff' on your site, and that's fine, since there's nowhere you can away from Google. But your privacy policy doesn't say anything about what you do with the data you collect. With your application running on our computers 24/7, that's an issue that needs some attention.

From your other posts, I'm fairly sure you would consider selling user data out of bounds, but I'd like to hear it plain and straight from you. And maybe think about adding wording to that effect to your Privacy Policy?

Thank you for your time and work.
Pretty sure i have already listed out the 'personal' data that the site ever collects. your email address and in game uid when you register. If you don't register then we don't actively collect anything besides Google.

the application only collects data collected by the addon. That means the only thing it has access to will be in game data. The only 'personal' data i can think of will be your UID.

As for the Google analytics part: Google doesnt give us any user specific data. All it provides is an aggregation. I.E. no raw personal data involved. You will need to read up on Google's privacy policy for what Google will do with the raw data. Pretty sure it is very well explained.

And no i never mentioned anything regarding selling personal data. The closest thing would be the paid access to a real time search api. Thats an idea that I am not willing to consider unless situation got worse and it becomes the last resort to keep the site alive. Even then it is only the listing data that is publicly available. No personal data is involved.