View Single Post
04/23/14, 08:27 AM   #5
Fathis Ules
Thief Guild Master

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Halja View Post
Is the |h how sometime a right click ignore is doing nothing?
I was starting to wonder if the gold spammers had found a way to obfuscate their @names.
--halja
Yeah I think they removed some of these hacks I haven't caught one recently but I believe they used some magic char to bug the system, haven't really caught one recently because I do a bayesian antispam not using the ignore list, it hooks message on top of everything to makes simple filterings ala world of warcraft

The |h spam is not really related to this, it is just they are spamming lines like this one

Code:
"W |HFF0000:hg|hW|h    W  . |HFF0000:cy|hM|h    |HFF0000:ur|hM|h O  U U    |HFF0000:ze|h.|h  C  |HFF0000:aq|hO|h M          100  |HFF0000:ev|hk|h    |HFFFF00:hh|h=|h 11.14  EUR"
And |HFF0000:hg| is use to color spam and so on it is not safe to do a simple regular expression removal of |H everywhere because you will modify the legit links, that's why the need to check for a link Invalidity before going into the replacements, that's probably the less costly and easiest method to get ride of color trolls and spammers using |c and |h actually

Last edited by Fathis Ules : 04/23/14 at 08:38 AM.