View Single Post
04/23/14, 08:05 PM   #15
Lichbane
Thanks so much for your efforts Legendary. I haven't done any programming in well over a decade so I'm kind of out of touch, but I do appreciate the effort involved. I haven't had a chance to try the addon yet as I'm in a different time zone. I will when I get home in about 6 hours.

I'm not sure if I understand the more technical parts of the conversation (I am merely a business analyst now ), so I'll express a few "user requirements".

I'd like to see the addon:
a) Stop the basic debug window from popping up mid game - Critical.
b) Display a log of some kind that can be copied from a debug window into a forum post - Critical.
c) Display an icon and counter on the screen to show that an error has occurred. Click on the icon to get the debug window up - Important.
d) Have the option to display in chat that an error has occured in "XYZ" (addon name?) - Nice to Have.
e) Record the log in a file somewhere - Nice to Have.
f) Send the log as an ingame mail to the developer (assuming you have their in Game ID) - Nice to have.

For the description I'm sure it does a lot of this already. The icon and counter for each error would be a good visual indicator that something has gone wrong, especially if you have the chat options turned off.

I'm having some problems with a couple of addons. Bug Log from Curse was a good start, but it does flood chat occasionally and I can't just hand that info on to addon developers. I can see this addon being pretty much a cornerstone for reporting bugs, much like BugSack in WoW.