View Single Post
03/08/14, 01:45 PM   #7
Lodur
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vuelhering View Post
I don't think it makes any sense to be making some sort of evaluation on what is fun for someone else.

This is a dev forum, and we're going to be playing and developing tools which is completely different than traditional Elder Scrolls stuff.

With all respect, I honestly never want to see statements like "you're not playing the game right" again. I believe that's against the spirit of discussion on any dev forum.

If an addon has the potential to destroy, exploit, ruin, etc.. the game then it is our responsibility to bring it forward and inform Zenimax. Even more so while the game is in Beta. I am all for Addons, as I have about 3 in the works right now... Anything the Addon API and terms of service allow us to build is fair game. But helping makes sure the API is a good API via feedback is just as important.

I want to play a fun and competitive game. And in PvP I want to play player vs player, not addon vs addon.

It is fine to make addons that are "completely different than traditional Elder Scrolls stuff."

And "you're not playing the game right" is really not a valid argument. Agreed.

But "your addon is going to break the game for me" is a very valid argument.

No one here is anti-addon... Or your in the wrong forum. But concerns about what is possible in the API are real and it is the details of the API that matter.

I really don't think that Ark said anything against the spirit of this forum. Granted I read what he said in more of the "your addon is going to break the game for me" meaning then the "you're not playing the game right" meaning. But I can see it been interpreted either way.

On a completely different note: as the OP of this thread I have had my original question answer by Atropos in his twitch stream. Currently is not possible to do custom name plates over enemies' heads on the screen.