View Single Post
03/09/14, 10:06 AM   #9
Lodur
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vuelhering View Post
I don't happen to like addons that give scrolling combat text or numbers in the healthbars. It ruins my own immersion, but you don't see me complaining because I have no basis for claiming they ruin the game. Some people love it, and if I do raids, I'll probably install one.
I agree with you there. I hope to see all kinds of addons that keep the clean immersive UI intact.

That is largely a pipe dream, but even the most addon-intensive player will still get beaten by a better player. But it will give an edge to those around the same level, and it will give an edge to teams who use addons to coordinate. The only way that wouldn't happen is if addons were turned off by ZO while in pvp zones. What you want, and what you will get are different things, so get those complaints into ZO now because those addons will exist.
Ya more of a goal then dream, but I understand what you mean and agree to some extent. On "an edge to teams who use addons to coordinate." I have not seen anything in the API to allow Inter-player addon communications yet. Is it possible to do that?

Actually, that's a bummer. That means there are no hooks into the nameplates which would've been nice for all sorts of reasons unrelated to breaking the game, and that means someone would have to try to do it manually. And manually would be a pain. I haven't even checked if that's possible to get other player's positions and your own camera angle in order to fake nameplates over people.
[/quote]

Yup - I agree. It is kind of a catch all limiter that gets most of my ideas to push the boundaries. I wish they allowed this, but limited in other ways.