View Single Post
01/24/24, 04:22 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
(if it works) Fill your friend list with fake names (I think the max is 100 friends) so you're maxed and won't be bothered anymore.
I'm not sure this would work as friends are not stored locally but on server and the current friends number retuned will be by an API function GetNumFriends reading that data I guess. So you could overwrite it to always return 100 already but not sure if this fixes it to block any new requests for other palyers (I doubt that! It's only locally changed and then will be used to loop your friends list and prepare auto completion for mail receiver helper functions (https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...mplete.lua#L15) etc. -> Could bring you other errors then...).

And one would need to block the "RequestFriend" function but "at the other players" which is not possible by changing it locally at your client via addons! The other players would have to use thata ddon that blocks it, and they wont.

So there is no proper way to block the requests.
You can only put the player's on the ignore list to block them in total, or "not accept" the friends request manually.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/24/24 at 04:57 AM.