View Single Post
01/31/24, 02:50 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by hamiltonmath View Post
How do I locate the live/AddOns folder?
I know where my AddOns folder is located.
Yeah, you think you know it
But did you actually try the simple ingame screenshot trick mentioned there to "actually proof your idea where it should be"?
That was what I was asking for, as sometimes oneDrive and/or ESO itsself messes that up and your addons and SavedVariables are expected somewhere totally else then! e.g. not in documents/elder scrolls online but AppData/elder scrolls online all of sudden

Originally Posted by hamiltonmath View Post
I will look at your suggestions on OneDrive possibly creating an erroneous backup. I would also report that it is behaving as if I have a new @name. I would like information about the recent patch and if something changed due to character naming. I found a thread on my searches (on the forums, not here): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ame-and-addons

This is what happened to me. But, my name did not change. I would hypothesize the following:
Many years ago, probably likely at the same time that I was using OneDrive, I changed my @name, and unfortunately went though the whole process of reconfiguring all my settings, and after the fact realized that I could have just changed some .lua files to update my addons.

What if somehow, my OneDrive reconnected with the saved variables folder from before and the reason my add-ons are not working are because it is pulling my old @name instead of my current?
Yes, that could be that it uses old SavdeVariables with your old @name now. Chekc the *.lua file contents of the files in live/SavedVariables and see if you find your @newAccountName in them or only the @oldName.

Hope you got a backup of your new SavedVariables then somewhere so you can simply copy them over.
But do that ingame screenshot trick before to chekc WHERE EXACTLY ESO thinks your "live" folder is now