Thread: Cast only if
View Single Post
07/27/20, 07:12 AM   #6
wambo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I agree with Baetrams points.

Although I believe the API lets you track buffs/debuffs on other players - srendarr lets you track specific buffs or debuffs on your group members at least?
Maybe this is limited to your group, but that seems good enough to me.

I would also support that similar addons like "only cast crystal frag proc" would still be made -
though NOT for semi botting
but only for reasonable cases.

Crystal Frag procs have proven to be unreliable, I'm not sure about what exactly, the animation not updating fast enough, or the game sometimes throwing a false event that makes it appear to be proc'ed, but the addon for some ppl is just fixing this erroneous behaviour.

Learning to keep up buffs, do a rotation, and not overcast is NOT a problem with the game to be fixed by addons or devs.

I can't think of many other cases where it makes sense atm. Some ultimates appear to be castable as vampire before they reach the increased cost and start the animation to only stop - which is wasting a GCD for the player. But we can hope this will be adressed by the game devs and its has minimal effects.

Or similar to the frag proc, it could be used for bow procs, if the buff is not under ~8s and you try to cast the bow proc, but the game is slow and did not compute the last LA yet so you rebuff instead of shooting the bow.