View Single Post
07/06/23, 06:19 PM   #3
Ganza-ESO
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
There is already an export feature if you read the docs and it does work easily with a spreadsheet. I have even seen someone recently specify to use the custom delimiter of the & on google sheets. I don't know how things have been done in the past with that delimiter but you are limited because of how the Lua saved variables work. It has been done the same way since the beginning and I'm not willing to change that.
I understand how the EXPORT feature of Master Merchant works and since it can not create a CSV file directly I have to go into MasterMerchant.lua, copy and paste the data I want into a text editor, remove all the Lua data formatting, save the file, open it in Excel, and choose the & symbol as a deliminator.

The process is a bit cumbersome to do manually and I know it is possible to create a Lua script to write a CSV file from a Saved Variable Lua files as I have done it with a simpler addon that recorded gold deposits into a guild bank for guild raffles.

I was hoping someone already had the code written, but I will eventually find the time to write it myself. I'll post the results when I am finished.