View Single Post
02/03/22, 11:26 AM   #27
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The lib included contains it's own txt file and is not called hardcoded so all is fine here as the game will only use the newest version of that lib provided by all addons, or manually installed.
Only including libs with hardcoded lines, without own librarie's txt file is somehting one should not do anymore.
So no issue with that.

The version in Votans addon is 4.
The last released version at esoui is: 3
It was not updated there as Votan is no member of that library and merlight is gone since years.
So everyhting is fine as votan fixed the lib and updated it and includes it to his addon so it will be used prior to the older version 3.
In short words: His version is the best, all others are outdated and should not be used anymore.
And his verison also could need an update to remove LibStub, correct.

That's what I meant with "you should refrain from spreading any wrong infos based on your ideas or understanding about it"
I know you did only asume things and did not want to blame someone.
Often posts in forums are just wrong or false understanding. If votan does something it is correct and makes sense, and I doubt it got anyhting to do with any keybind related problems as users already reported those before that lib even was created

Last edited by Baertram : 02/03/22 at 11:48 AM.