Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
07/31/17, 06:47 AM   #7
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Authors can delete comments on their own AddOns, they can't delete posts in our forums. Maybe I should at least put up a sign if an Author chooses to delete a comment saying the Author has deleted comments.

I havent recieved any info on copied code from other addons, I've looked at the source of the exe and it doesn't do anything malicious that I can tell. However maybe a thread should be created in "General Authoring Discussion" if more people want to discuss this AddOn and have concerns? I'll certainly keep it open as long as the majority of posters to the thread stay civil.
I remember a post from an author addon saying that most of the code was identical to TTC one from some parts. The author was also saying that it was not very fair to not even ask for consent to use a code, or to mention that this new addon was beeing made with help from ...

I was myself even suprised that no one reacted to this, and even more from you.

Actually the author deleted a lot more comments than Sordrak ones: most of the comments that were polite or not but pointing to the dangerous side of the addon were deleted.

If an addon is subject to controversy, as this one, may be you should have to take a stand on it.