View Single Post
11/05/23, 06:48 AM   #22
dan_el2
Originally Posted by Coorbin View Post
OK, I finally figured out what was going on.

This will start up Minion and it will work normally without generating any exceptions.
Great that you figured out a way to run Minion without Oracle's Java!

I went ahead and installed Liberica using Homebrew (as outlined here at Bellsoft) using the package "liberica-jre11-full" (as listed here on Github) und also removed Oracle's Java (see instructions here) and Minion is working. I see some errors in Terminal but that doesn't seem to prevent Minion from running or updating addons so far.

Originally Posted by Coorbin View Post
2. Minion will start successfully, and ask to patch. Accept the patch/update. This will modify Minion-jfx.jar. As of this writing, the sha256sum of the latest Minion JAR is e0706efb4c039964b6250cdcce6a1cab291d03d8ef270aa1158d22625fe2cca1. If I had a direct download link to this file, we could skip step 1 and 2 entirely, but I didn't bother to get the link yet.
The download link is: https://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/v3/Minion3.0.11-java.zip (I just replaced the version number in the Java download link taken from Minion's download page) which ships the file with the sha256sum you posted.

One step closer to "In theory, someone could take the latest version of Minion's JAR, the latest version of the Liberica Java 11 runtime with JavaFX, bundle the two together into an app bundle, and provide a direct download that will just work." ? --- I am not sure if the devs would appreciate somebody else doing this and posting it on the forum with an external download link... """Someone""" could come up with a script that pulls together all required files though ;-)