View Single Post
04/19/24, 02:39 PM   #1
Vilkasmanga
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question on EVENT_JUSTICE_* firing

Hi, I've taken a few runs at this without success, would like some insight, if possible.

I'm trying to display a countdown of the remaining time for an active bounty. The display code works, my problem is that the event registers don't seem to be firing. (That is, the system-counter in the lower right corner updates but my Addon doesn't. However, if I manually call the update routine, everything aligns / works / displays values as expected.)

Perhaps I am calling the event handlers incorrectly?

Code:
EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent(FarmersToolkit.name,  EVENT_JUSTICE_BOUNTY_PAYOFF_AMOUNT_UPDATED , FarmersToolkit.UpdateActivities)
EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent(FarmersToolkit.name,  EVENT_JUSTICE_INFAMY_UPDATED , FarmersToolkit.UpdateActivities)
EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent(FarmersToolkit.name,  EVENT_JUSTICE_NO_LONGER_KOS , FarmersToolkit.UpdateActivities)
where FarmersToolkit.UpdateActivities just calls routines that update the screen contents as expected. Calling this manually via "/script" works so... the events aren't firing? (I suspect PAYOFF_AMOUNT_UPDATE is really all I need but threw the others in for giggles.)

Suggestions, insights welcome - thanks in advance.

-V

PS. Other events (like inventory updates) that call the UpdateActivities routine do correctly update the bounty counter section, I was just hoping to have the update occur without an unrelated triggering event?