View Single Post
02/13/24, 04:16 AM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
spam of in function 'PostHookFunction' 128+

Is there a way with just that error, to know which addon is concerned ?

actually i did a search in files (whole AddOns folder) to see if one or more was using this.

The result is probably not coherent as it says

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AdvancedFilters\AdvancedFilters.lua (1 hit)
Line 1368: [C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'
and i never had any issue with this addon and anyway this is part of a -- part of code, so it should not launch an error

Libdebuglogger mentions the error. I tried to use the logviewver of this addon, but i am blocked by antivirus and malware as soon as i try to open the page.

Code:
        [8] = 3195224089,
        [1] = 1707800858571,
        [2] = "2024-02-13 00:07:38.571 -0500",
        [3] = 1,
        [4] = "E",
        [5] = "UI",
        [6] = "C stack overflow: too many (128) nested C function calls.\n",
        [7] = "stack traceback:\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'",
    },
Any info about what to do would be helpfull.

(Before posting in the forum, i checked that each of my addons was up to date, that all the libraries needed were up to date too.
I eliminated 2 addons that i downloaded recently, but the error still going on.

After the 128+ alerts i need to quit the game, as some basic functions do not work anymore as right click on my portrait, on any items in the appearance menu or outfits)

Last edited by Anceane : 02/13/24 at 04:21 AM.