View Single Post
05/03/20, 10:50 AM   #10
Aenathel

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Cool, working with IntelliJ myself.
Haven't build any web content for years but wanted to start with something to keep learning soon.
Definately need to take a look! Thanks
You're welcome! It's quite nice, I primarily use PhpStorm and Rider at work (I have a JetBrains Toolbox subscription with all their programs included), but use WebStorm at home because it's cheaper.

Edit:
Is it somehow free to use or do I need to buy it? Just saw there is only a 30 days test version available.
There are various discounts and offers available.

I've found threads that Webstorm is included into IntelliJ but my guess it's only in the ultimate version?
The community version does not support JavaScript afaik and found online.
Yeah, you need IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate for that, which is about 3x as expensive as WebStorm. WebStorm doesn't have as much language support as IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate, though, it looks like the Lua support is limited, but as Lua isn't my primary reason for having WebStorm, that is fine for me.

A free alternative that you might have heard of is Visual Studio Code. It has extensions for almost anything these days and runs quite well. If I hadn't been spoiled by JetBrains products, that's what I would use.