View Single Post
04/18/24, 04:03 PM   #4
Toirealach
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Anthonysc View Post
I have also seen this where the combat event and the kill feed report different killing blow information. It is quite odd. In PvP Alerts I synthesize the Killing Blow information returned by EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT with the Kill information from the kill feed event to assign killing blow skills to the kill feed data and have seen this bug result in players getting killing blows with skills from a completely different class.

I have also seen events in the kill feed where two different players are credited for the same kill.

Something is very wonky in the back end.

I also posted in Wish List when the Kill Feed first dropped asking for KB skill info to be added to the Kill Feed API in part to mitigate this issue: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10677
Yes I also get cases where the death recap says one player killed an opponent but the PvP kill feed says another player did. And yes, I have been in a group where two players get told by the Combat Event system that they were the ones who dealt the killing blow which ended up with head scratching in Discord voice where one says my addon told them that they got the KB and another argues in voice that my addon just said they got the KB

I have debug logging in an unreleased version of my addon that can be enabled to show when there is a mismatch between the two.

But in the end, I totally agree with you that EVENT_PVP_KILL_FEED_DEATH should include the ability ID of the death blow and that becomes the source of truth.

Adding a killing blow ability ID parameter to the EVENT_PVP_KILL_FEED_DEATH event should be trivial.