View Single Post
05/22/17, 05:32 PM   #3
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
We don't really have any better data representation than the one you are accessing (POIs in Zones). The kiosk NPCs are all separate NPCs with no relation to each other. The NPCs also don't have information about where they spawn, since the spawning of an NPC is controlled by another system. The best info is really the map info.

Are these locations not static? Which is to say that you could capture them once? For the reasons above knowing the location of an NPC in the abstact can be challenging.

I'm not sure what you mean by matched here. But in general the owner of a guild store is messaged down with the NPC info. Messaging the state of all guild stores on login would naturally be a larger request and a system change. The caption bug has to do with caching we do for performance. It could be invalidated on a language change if it is hindering you.

Guild names have to be resolved on the server so it takes some time to get the name for the guild id that is sent down with the NPC.

The text passed down through the API is entirely designer controlled so unfortunately we don't have it split into pieces.

This is a server setting that we could message down on player login.

It might be possible to broadcast a message to all clients when this happens, but it might also be too much traffic.

A lot of the requested changes would require adding more to the data setup and using a good bit of designer time to populate which I don't have control of. However, I can ask about the server time things. If you can think of changes that would not require accessing traders globally those would have a better chance of getting done too.
Can we get a kiosk ID for each area? Or an ID for each NPC works too. The get ID should work on both in the guild store interface as well as the Guild own kiosk information (like the API should be able to figure out the ID for guild1 of the player without having to walk to the kiosk)

It is making it so much harder to localize due to the string parsing nature. Having said that can we have an API to get masterwrit's required item's item link instead of having to parse it!! plz..plz...plz..