View Single Post
03/13/15, 05:35 PM   #17
Nolan Kotulan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
Hey,

Tested it and it works like a charm.

But, if I can make you a suggestion, make the "Offset item tooltip windows" also an option.

Saying that because I personally think (as a typographer, which is one of the two parts of my job, the other one being image editing) that it is very tiring for the eyes.

It works with line view mode because eyes scan for items vertically and then check for infos which are always at the same place, just next to the item, horizontally speaking.

In grid view mode, eyes scan vertically and horizontally and so the items are sometimes at the far right of the screen, and so it is really not ergonomic and very tiring for the eyes who have to span the whole inventory to check the infos at the far left.

The infos should in my opinion always remain close next to the selected item.

I can however report another bug which isn't new at all and which I spotted while designing my skin.
It is really hard to spot in a normal use however, as it is really noticeable on only one condition, which is to start the game in line view mode.
  1. Set your inventory to line view mode
  2. Restart the game
  3. Open your inventory and check where is the column of items' icons, horizontally speaking
  4. Toggle to grid view mode and then toggle back to line view mode
  5. Notice how the column of items' icons has moved to the far left of the panel
So IVG move the items' icons' column to the left in line view mode, except when the game is started with this mode already toggled on and until you don't toggle view modes.

If you check my addons' picture, the column has already moved.

Edit
I found another bug using your normal last officially released IVG (1.3.7.0). This one's new.
When in a fence, trying to sell stolen items, gold value appears over the items in grid view mode.

Last edited by Nolan Kotulan : 03/13/15 at 06:53 PM.