View Single Post
06/26/14, 10:05 AM   #20
Deome

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb Hopeless IMO

Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
If I use d(zo_strformat("text <<t:1>>", itemLink), it will print "textitemlink" - all spaces in front of the itemlink are removed. Is there any way how to get it working correctly?
I spent about 6 hours with Zgoo, /script, and /reloadui last night, and I have come to the conclusion that ZO is using some function NOT in the API to read the link's itemId, quality, and/or enchtId to generate a name. I would suspect that this is whatever they were using to do so before, when the name was included in the link, and some ZO developer just thought, "Why are we wasting bytes on this name when the client can parse it directly? Screw developers, we'll just do it that way."

That said, it's something I probably would have said in their shoes anyway. I went to bed thinking, "Why waste time on the item name if the client will ALREADY make it formatted, colored, and pretty for me? Just use the itemID etc. to distinguish matches..."

Still, ZO stole a night of my life on this, and I'm not forgiving them for it anytime soon