View Single Post
08/04/20, 04:31 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I did not bring this up. Your post was clearly about it and I just responded to "your question" what we think about it.
Or are you trying to deny this...

It's just too bad that here as elsewhere, people attack the person who is seeking an answer legitimately because of disability and culture.
To be clear: I did not attack you and I don't care if you got any disabilities or what culture you are up to?!
Please stop from using such "phrases" because you don't get your will... It sucks!
So stop hiding behind this phrase and finally accept the "real facts", or explain which facts in detail are wrong?
Give example numbers, proof you have tested it with ingame profiling of ESO and dummy targets.
Test the addons you think collect wrong data and proof it's wrong compared to the ESO ingame profiling data (enabled in the settings menu).
But don't just say "you all suck" just because you maybe don't understand our answers properly?
You are the one attacking US here, not we are attacking you!

It's the technical aspect of server data send and received that comes to the numbers here, you are arguing about.
So why the heck should it have to do with your personal disabilities or culture?
I just told you the technical facts you should at least try to understand and take into account.

Let me try to describe it again (again):
Addons can only take in account what the server tells them happened.
And this is what ALL players also can and should ONLY take in account.
Addons never can guess anything or will respect movement or whatever. It's all about the numbers the game's API function is telling them.
Incoming dmg, outgoing dmg, numbers over time.

It does not matter what you will try to collect as information with whatever tools.
Use the dmg test dummies and the build in tools (ESO profiler in the settings) of the game and collect this data, share it with others who did the same, and THEN you'll be able to compare it.
Just fighting a boss or normal enemy somewhere collecting the data by eye or pen and paper (onscreen numbers) will not be anything comparable to others.
So as we said you need to adopt your measurements, which you (last time) refused to do and thus everyone told you that you cnanot have reliable data by other ways.

The addons take the same values the game provides and just use them internally.
If the vaules are wrong the server data is wrong! You should say ZOs to fix it then.

If ppl rely on the addons and kick you: Their fault, definately.
If you think this is unfair: Yeah, I agree.
But it's not the addon's fault, it's the humans fault!
And if they decide to be that rude and play that way, you can only avoid them and play with others having more fun

@Forums
If they restricted it to invitation only it might be that the forum is too full meanwhile. Sorry, did not know this is active.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/04/20 at 04:48 AM.