View Single Post
08/05/20, 02:31 AM   #12
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@iaai0110 the reason you got banned last time is because your behaviour wasn't distinguishable from a forum troll and you got reported by many people for that. Whenever someone asked you to provide hard evidence of your claims, all you did is repeat "I read those numbers off the screen and feel like I am right" (simply put) and you are already doing the same again. You can check this hilarious example of what trolling looks like and hopefully realize the parallels to your own behaviour to avoid being mistaken for a troll again.

To answer your questions in this thread:
I'm looking for the addon that searches another person's inventory and reports back to him what is there.
There is no such addon. Other people cannot see what you currently have in your inventory unless they are evil hack3rs and got into ZOS' database server. As already mentioned the only thing that is possible is for other group members to see which items you receive while you are grouped with them, which is done by addons like GroupLootNotifier.

Code:
I think this is an invasion of privacy. What do you think?
It think you are mistaken on a fundamental level. Let me show you something:

Hope that clarifies the situation.

Are there legal issues as the person being invaded hasn't given any kind of permission?
No. You implicitly gave permission the moment you registered your ESO account and accepted the ToS.

Are there legal issues regarding the site that supports and allows programs like this to be downloaded and used?
Again, no. The site has it's own ToS, which you accept when you upload or download an addon and if there were a real issue, they do their best to remove said addon as promptly as possible.

Or is this something that can be done on the internet only without any kind of moral consequence?
There are real consequences when someone does cause real damage to someone. Hurting your feelings is not covered by that. If you are not ready to hear or experience something like that on the internet, you have to protect yourself from it by not using it. It's the same when you are driving a car. As long as there is no accident, there is nothing you can do about someone cutting off your way or similar things that may annoy or scare you. It's up to you to protect yourself in that case or avoid such situations altogether by stop driving a car and use other means of transportation instead.

BTW there is a bill before the US Congress that doesn't allow sites arbitrary powers regarding their users' posts that do not violate site restrictions and arbitrarily delete posts and threads and kick users off the site without any kind of defense by that person for his posts, especially disabled people and people from different cultures. What do you think?
That's nice and all, but how would anyone enforce this kind of thing? I feel that's at most lip-service and it also won't apply to 95%+ of the internet that are not based in the US. And again, you didn't get banned for no reason. You came off as a troll and got removed for trolling, which violates the site-rules.

Also, btw, I have proved my point regarding my previous thread regarding the addons that improperly collect and display DPS information and would like to submit this information if so allowed. And I am open to have a discussion with the powers that be, that run this site via personal email if that is allowed.
Regards,
You didn't prove anything. The only way to prove something is by providing objective evidence (e.g. raw data collected via ESOLogs) as people have asked of you several times with no response and let others confirm your claims for themselves.