View Single Post
02/19/14, 12:15 PM   #5
Callsign
Originally Posted by ablueman View Post
Mmm, will test it soon as we can get on either in the next beta or live. My sorc had hit the cap, (thats right i saw it in my char sheet) I may be able to figure it out with a bit of adding and removing of gear.

I just hadn't really paid much attention to what it was like adding after you hit cap. Be a shame if you got nothing for it.
You won't get absolutely nothing from it. It will likely still be the most beneficial to go down that stat path anyways. It is the way they are balancing the game. If the soft caps on every stat are super low, then a player, no matter their playstyle, will get all of the stats to the soft cap and then go after the stat that will best help their spec.

The goal is to get every player on a similar playing field with minor differences in stats that really don't mean anything in the long run or across the realm of possibilities. An example would be if a Magicka user puts 50 points in Magicka and a Stamina user puts 50 points in Stamina. Both hit their soft caps long ago and both are only benefiting from a fraction of those resources, however, getting a few points of increased stats are better than nothing, but not overpowered, so they don't have to buff/nerf anything.