View Single Post
03/20/24, 02:01 PM   #138
MoonPile
ReCaptcha

Hey, first, thanks again for all of your work on this addon and site. As a trader, it's basically the only thing working right now after Update 41, and keeping it possible to do our "eso jobs". I know you do this for free so I hate asking for more.

Still, I do want to ask, why embed Google's ReCaptcha specifically? I see other TTC users are having issues with it. Even a quick search will come up with a ton of feedback by both end-users and developers who loathe it - in general, outside of the ESO community.

I'm writing this after getting stuck in a ReCaptcha loop again. It happens daily. Sometimes it's "not bad", maybe 2 sets of 3 puzzles. But now, I've gotten "Please try again" for the 5th?? (lost count) time in a row, and then the follow-up "automatic queries" message that locks you out of trying again for some time. (Same as @Blackpad above.) If you search about this issue, you'll see it's a common fault in ReCaptcha, it's not user error in doing the puzzles.
  • I refresh TTC a lot of course, which may trigger it. Manually, no bots.
  • I must use a VPN and cannot / will not change the server while I'm logged into ESO because it will disconnect.
  • Tried various other VPN settings.
  • Tried clearing history.
  • Tried other browsers. I do not use Chrome. No Tor.

Besides constantly changing servers, nothing helps. TTC is the only site where this happens; even Google.com passes after just checking the box.

I love TTC and appreciate your work. It's just ReCaptcha that's incredibly frustrating.

Last edited by MoonPile : 03/20/24 at 02:09 PM.