View Single Post
03/24/24, 11:53 AM   #46
ImpOfThePerverse
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Thanks for the reminder, updated it now.
Awesome! That will help considerably.

Where I'm getting stuck is in determining when a guild history request has been completed. I have a test addon that generates a request for 1 hour's worth of data when I enter a chat command. I can then check the status of the request or view the results via additional chat commands.

When I check status, DoesGuildHistoryHaveOutstandingRequest will return false, which makes it sound like all guild history requests are complete, but doesn't seem like a good indicator because presumably it will return true if another addon has outstanding requests.

IsGuildHistoryRequestComplete returns false, and GetGuildHistoryRequestFlags returns GUILD_HISTORY_REQUEST_FLAG_CREATED_FROM_ADDON as the only positive flag, which makes it sound like the request is not complete.

If I check the results it lists events as having been returned, which, if results are cached in chunks of 500, should mean the request is complete, unless there are some multiple of 500 results, in which case there could be additional chunks incoming. I'm getting just 1 result currently though, so that should mean the request is complete.

I see there's an event, EVENT_GUILD_HISTORY_CATEGORY_UPDATED, that I could register for. Does it get sent when a new chunk gets delivered in that category? Not sure what the flags it returns mean though so I'm not sure how to use it.

I did see this post over on the elder scrolls online forums:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ry-time#latest

It makes me wonder what happens when you create a request from some timestamp up until the current timestamp. Do new guild history events take some time register on the server? If so, does the server wait until they've registered before returning guild history request results, or could a guild history request possibly return incomplete results if a request is made before all of the events within its time window have registered?