06/20/24, 11:22 AM   #1
dankanst
Possible Azurah/DarkUI compass issue

Hello there friends!

I've just recently got into ESO, and took the time to setup addons to tweak the look and feel of the UI. I've been using Azurah to move my frames around, and DarkUI to finish off the minimalist look. However, there is a really nasty visual glitch on my compass now, I cannot figure out why. Let me explain:

The only two addons affecting my compass are DarkUi and Azurah, and I've used Azurah to make the compass thinner and more compact, but now the compass edges are randomly expanding back to their original height and making my compass look wierd. I've attached the screenshot demonstrating this.

This happens seemingly at random, about every 6-10 seconds of playing, and the edges go back to normal after a couple of seconds, only for the cycle to repeat itself again. I've noticed as well that the compass randomly expands it's width on both sides, by about 5%, and comes back to normal again after a couple of seconds (pretty much the same bug as the one stated above, just less noticeable).

I've tried disabling the compass edges on DarkUI, but the problem still presists, only diffrence is the edges that expand are squared off instead of pointy like I have them setup.

Is there anyone here who would be so kind as to help me get to the bottom of this, and hopefully get this fixed? I would really appreciate any input, and I'd happily provide any other info that can help resolve this weird issue.

Thank you all in advance, hope to hear from someone soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	compass.png
Views:	33
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	1735  
06/20/24, 03:38 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please report this directly at the 2 addon comments as the sticky thread in this forum here (at the top, named "Please read before posting") asks.

The devs will notice that more easily and could help you better, I bet.

Thank you
06/20/24, 05:34 PM   #3
Sharlikran

Since the DarkUI comments are closed, for that mod this is an okay place to talk. I have never seen that Arrow in DarkUI with the default settings. Have you existed the game, and then removed Azura and then used the launcher to open the game again. Unfortunatly, the redirect texture feature doesn't function where you can hot swap things to see what it will look like. You have to choose settings, exit the game, run the game and log in. I think there is a defaults setting for DarkUI you could try. I don't usually change the settings and I don't have that arrow as that would bug me also.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 06/20/24 at 05:52 PM.
06/21/24, 12:53 AM   #4
dankanst
Thank you both for the replies, I will make sure to post this on the addon page for Azurah, as I do believe the issue is caused by that addon.

I've done some more testing, and I can confirm that the issue persists even with DarkUI completely removed from the addon folder (needless to say that reinstalling DarkUI again did nothing to to fix the issue).

I've also removed Azurah and played a little without it, and there were no flickering and expanding edges, as expeted. Reinstalling Azurah from scratch again after some time also did nothung to fix the issue.

There is one more addon that I can find on here that can resize and move the compass, but running it with Azurah means that Azurah compass settings override the addon, and I cannot see any changes to the size of my compass unless I use Azurah's settings, the other addon settings like width and height simply do nothing when Azurah is enabled.

I'm curious, if this does not end up being fixed for some time, is there a way to disable Azurah's compass module completely, and maybe then I could be able to change the compass with this other addon I found, CompassMaintenence?
06/21/24, 01:56 AM   #5
Sharlikran

An author releases a mod and you the user downloads it. Then you try it out and see if you like it. If you have issues with it you let the author know in their comments section as mentioned. With the exception of DarkUI because most of my comments sections are closed due to issues that the site admins and I can't resolve.

If the author doesn't respond then maybe they don't play or develop mods anymore. Otherwise the author could simply be busy with real life. I myself had a recent user being all entitled and pushy when I simply had not had time to update something I already knew about. I was at work and hadn't updated it. However, they mentioned what they felt was a oversight in a post, on patch day (which is rude) and posted code to correct the issue. They were just being impatient.

Other people can't simply post patches to specific issues without permission. Sometimes you cannot override code from another mod. You use the mod as is, and if it does what you mentioned, and you do not prefer that, then uninstall the mod. Watch the mod and see if the author responds to your request. If they do and they correct the issue then try the mod again.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 06/21/24 at 02:17 AM.
06/22/24, 03:53 AM   #6
dankanst
I have noticed the compass issue is experienced by other players as well, and has been reported to the addon author earlier this year, so I'm going to assume that the developer is aware of the issue, and wait for and update that will hopefully fix this in the future.

Thank you for your information, at least I now know I'm not the only one whose compass is glitching out after resizing.

In the meantime I guess I'll reset the compass to default settings.
Thanks again everyone.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Possible Azurah/DarkUI compass issue