09/22/24, 06:25 PM   #1
Old_Sub_Sailor
Minion on macOS Ventura and Sonoma

I freely admit that I am late to the game and am standing on the shoulders of the work of other people.
I gathered what I found and tried to put it together in one place that newer users can use.

Howdy to any others who have found this thread regarding macOS, Minion, and the "Minion is damaged" message when opening.

So as of now, i.e. Ventura 13.7 on an intel Mac or newer (macOS 14.6.1) on say an M2 Mac mini; after reading all the other discussions, I did indeed find that using the java stuff (I admit that I know nothing about it or java, ) the below entry in either terminal or iterm2 will bring Minion up just fine.
If you are familiar with terminal and how (heck copy & paste), create this alias (give it any name that you want) Ensure that you put a space after the ;.:

alias mini="export JAVA_HOME='/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home'; java -jar /Applications/Minion.app/Contents/Java/Minion-jfx.jar"

Or you can break it up as the discussions have mentioned, into two terminal commands:

export JAVA_HOME='/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home'

java -jar /Applications/Minion.app/Contents/Java/Minion-jfx.jar

This only requires that you have installed Minion into your Applications folder as expected, after you download it and open the disk image.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion on macOS Ventura and Sonoma