06/05/24, 08:01 PM   #1
notnear

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Issue with inheriting scale

Using custom scale smaller than 1 on my controls are now (after U42) breaking the ui (controls inherited from ZO_TreeHeader and ZO_TreeEntry)

It's a bit weird to explain but the only reason I found for it to be cutting things is that it seems to be scaling down both the dimensions AND desiredDimensions on these controls.
Example from Pollox's Daily Quest Tracker *note that for the current version (v1.13.1) I added a function (resizetofit on the DailyQuestTracker.lua file) to use the resizeToFitDescendents to kind of fix it, but its still breaking and not showing everything, v1.13.0 doesn't have it

Using DQTWindow:SetScale(0.7)

Code:
DQTWindow (CT_TOPLEVELCONTROL):
width: 966
height: 634.63
desiredWidth: 1380
desiredHeight: 906.62
How the tree was created:
ZO_Tree:New(scrollContainer:GetNamedChild("ScrollChild"), 0, 0, 3000)

Using the first container for example, DQTWindowScrollFrameScrollChildContainer1 (CT_SCROLL) inside ScrollChild, the dimensions are correct with the desired and dimension being different but when I "open" a CT_SCROLL that is inside of it the desired height gets set smaller instead of higher (I'm not sure if that was the behavior before the update, but is the only reason I found for the issue)

Code:
Original dimensions:
height: 431.20
desiredHeight: 616

After opening a section:
height: 481.18
desiredHeight: 687.40
(higher but already not enough to fit everything inside!)

After closing the section:
height: 378.27
desiredHeight: 540.39

Also the same dimensions above are being set to DQTWindowScrollFrameScrollChild (parent of Container1) but it doesn't have a "desiredHeight", in case it helps.

Prior to the update it was working fine on live server.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Issue with inheriting scale