Yesterday, 11:20 AM   #1
Lysorris
LoreBooks no pins for Eidetic Memory

Hello,

I've encountered problem with addon LoreBooks. It does not show Eidetic Memory on map/compass for any of my characters. I remember it did work before on all of my characters since level 1 no matter if they had Mages Guild's Eidetic Memory unlocked or not. I made sure Eidetic Memory setting is on, tried installing older version of the AddOn, turned off all other addons etc. and it is still not showing no matter the what I did.

Did someone had similar problem? Mages Guild Lore Books are normally visible. Only Eidetic Memory is not there.

If someone has a version of the addon that works and it's normally working for new character I would love to know which version is that so I can also try installing it. It's a huge bummer as I just comeback to game with new character and I try to do 100% lore run and Eidetic Memory did provide a lot of context and interesting information and it's every easy to go past them.

Thank
Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you check if the "map filters" got an extra filter for that, and enabled it?

German client but I think you get the point :-)

Just enable the checkboxes for "Eidetic memory" and they should sho on the map

Last edited by Baertram : Yesterday at 01:23 PM.
Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #3
Lysorris
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Did you check if the "map filters" got an extra filter for that, and enabled it?

German client but I think you get the point :-)

Just enable the checkboxes for "Eidetic memory" and they should sho on the map
Yes, it's on. I think I tried everything when it comes to in-game settings.
If it isn't too much to ask: If you had the opportunity, could you tell me if for you on new characters it Eidetic Memory is visible as on map? There people in comments for this addon saying that they also don't see Eidetic Memory on map since U43. https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments
Yesterday, 02:38 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I've tested it on another character (not totally new but below CPs yet):
Summerset NO
Reapers March NO
Deshaan NO

hm, but with my other character it showed just fine (the one where I took the screenshot of the map filters).

Maybe one needs to find at least one Eiditec memory book or similar to make it work, or have finished level 50 ?

Edit:
The Eidetic Memory is a collection of books that is unlocked once the Mages Guild quest line has been completed.

So you need to finish the questline with the character to see them (or get mages guild to 10 maybe, even without the quest? not sure if that counts alone).
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Eidetic_Memory

Last edited by Baertram : Yesterday at 02:40 PM.
Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #5
Lysorris
I've tested it on another character (not totally new but below CPs yet):
Summerset NO
Reapers March NO
Deshaan NO

hm, but with my other character it showed just fine (the one where I took the screenshot of the map filters).

Maybe one needs to find at least one Eiditec memory book or similar to make it work, or have finished level 50 ?

Edit:
The Eidetic Memory is a collection of books that is unlocked once the Mages Guild quest line has been completed.

So you need to finish the questline with the character to see them (or get mages guild to 10 maybe, even without the quest? not sure if that counts alone).
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Eidetic_Memory
Yes, collection is unlocked after finishing mages guild. After finishing Mages Guild you gain "Eidetic Memory" that allows you to read all the notes/letters/books that you collected before in the journal. You don't have to finish the quest line to see them, what quest line gives you is the ability to see them in your log and read them again. The ability to see them in the log vs in the world are not connected. The Eidetic Memories are physically in the world and I can go to them and read them, but AddOn does not show them on map like it supposed to.

This AddOn worked before for all my other characters before since lvl 1 and I've last played in March. I always used this AddOn as Eidetic Memories are supposed to give you more information on zone questline etc. with AddOn it was easy to make sure you read it all.

Last edited by Lysorris : Yesterday at 03:58 PM.
Yesterday, 05:22 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Okay, then I do not know why it showed for one of my characters, but not the one I've tested it with
Today, 02:42 AM   #7
Lysorris
Okay, then I do not know why it showed for one of my characters, but not the one I've tested it with
Anyway, thank you so much for checking and having time to help What I've gathered so far is that Update 43 mess up Eidetic Memory pins for new characters. As older characters had pins already loaded form previous patch they were unaffected.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » LoreBooks no pins for Eidetic Memory