Yesterday, 11:55 PM   #1
Calatis
<inion unable to connect to the internet

hi there,

if this post is in the wrong section, feel free to move it to the correct section

I've been using Minion fine for over 2 years, close to 3 years

just recently, in the last 2-3 months, from May to July, the Minion has been unable to connect to the internet, with this error message:

"Minion is unable to connect to the internet. Please check your firewall, security & proxy settings. Please visit our Help & Support page for additional information."

this is very odd, since I do have internet, I don't use any firewall, except the default that comes with Windows 10, I made no change in the settings of the firewall or proxy, everything is as it's always been for me, yet recently something is preventing Minion to work properly as intended.

Because of this issue, I've stopped using Minion, but it's sad, as it's a great mods management tool to use and I'd like to continue to use it, which is why I'm posting this cry for help here.

I could do simple steps of troubleshooting, but I'm not really sure what should I do.

I don't have access to the network settings or the router, but then again, I never did, I never needed it and it was working fine in the past.

If someone can give me some pointers, I'll try to do it, if it's not very complicated and time-consuming.

Thank you
Today, 12:17 AM   #2
BR50Kab
same problem here with the windows client

However the java client just works fine, try that one

*edit* the jave version was fine yesterday but stopped working also, i only get a little black box opening
what did work in the past is reinstall and launch every time you want to use Minion (windows)

**edit**
reinstalling doesnt work either now, it is looking for the jrm ??????

Last edited by BR50Kab : Today at 12:44 AM.
Today, 01:58 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
>If someone can give me some pointers, I'll try to do it, if it's not very complicated and time-consuming.

All of your questions have been asked like 100 times already and you just need to use the search, and read (always check the top of forums before you post. About each forum here got sticky threads with information for most asked questions!):

a) Use the forum search in the Minion forum and search for "cannot connect" -> You should find plenty of similar posts if users asking the same and what the answers were

b) read the sticky thread named "Troubleshooting guide" at the top of this forum here please

I bet it got to do with either your Minion version -> needs an update
Or with your firewall and antivirus tools
Or with the java ip4 vs ip6 info (command line trick to change that, see sticky troubleshooting guide)
Or you are based in a country where your ISP blocks access to minion, try to reach the cdn website like described in the sticky troubleshooting guide
Or your VPN is blocking minion access

If that still does not help:
c) read the sticky thread named "If posting a bug report..." at the top of this forum here please

And post your Minion.log and xml files as asked for.

Last edited by Baertram : Today at 02:01 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » <inion unable to connect to the internet