07/07/24, 08:11 AM   #1
Jezzie123
Unhappy Votan Minimap

It has taken me three days to get to this point so I feel I am winning but I am also new to doing this. I have removed minion as the thing was useless and did not make using addons easy nor did it work for me. I have now downloaded all the addons I wanted manually and finally have a minimap on my screen that I have changed to round for personal preference. I am trying unsuccessfully to move the map to the left side of my screen. I have read about going in to mouse cursor and dragging it and this does not work. I have also read about the map position being fixed but nowhere in the settings can I see that remotely mentions a fixed position. Please, before I throw my laptop out the window can someone help me to be able to move the map to the left side of the screen or even to the bottom right but not where it currently is which is annoying. Thank you
07/07/24, 08:16 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello Jezzie,

why is noone ever reading teh sticky threads at the top of forums they post in?

Summary:
Please post addon related questions at the addon comments of that addon and not in general in the forums.
Please read that addons comments and description as there you will find recent bugs and help by other users or the addon author.

> I have removed minion as the thing was useless and did not make using addons easy nor did it work for me.
Well if it works it's not useless and makes it very easy for you as you shoud update addons "each day" before playing once, or at least check for updates.
And if you do not do that you might get into addons or libraries not working in the end, or reporting bugs which have been fixed already.

I am trying unsuccessfully to move the map to the left side of my screen. I have read about going in to mouse cursor and dragging it and this does not work.
Is that Votans' minimap as this is not round afaik it's only rectangel shape?

If it's Votan's minimap then enable movement in the addon settings! (ESC->Settings->AddOns [maybe the 2nd addons there as Votans addons show in a different menu sometimes] ->Votans Minimap).
Scroll down in the settings to the headline "Appearance" or similar and there disable (OFF) the checkbox "Fixed size&position" and afterwards you can move it.

Drag the minimap by clicking at the top row (headline) and drag it around.

Last edited by Baertram : 07/07/24 at 08:20 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Votan Minimap