Today, 05:20 AM   #1
roska
[Search/Request] Gamepad mode - tweaks to inventory/bank for easier equipment managem

Hi all,

I mainly use gamepad mode whenever it's feasible due to accessibility (much bigger text, all in all cleaner interface). One annoyance I haven't been able to find an elegant solution for is banking gear.

So there are 3 things I'm hoping an add-on might address.

I'd love to be able to have auto-banking rules for gear based on filters like quality, type, intricate but not ornate, locked or unlocked, etc (ideally the rules for equipment could encompass multiple variables). The purpose of this would be that during dungeon runs (PUG groups don't wait for no one!) I can quickly interact with a banking assistant and dump the loot. PA banking is generally great for this kind of automation but I haven't been able to find a way to make rules for gear that isn't specific pieces of gear, nor other addons that could handle this or any workarounds.

I'm starting to get to a point where I have multiple sets of gear on one character. Because the above isn't possible, I'm dumping gear manually which is sorted into multiple categories that are generally arranged in alphabetical order, so they look like this:

Amulet
Bow
Chest

Companion [type]
Consumable
Dagger
Feet

Glyphs
Hammer
Hands
Head
Legs

Material
Poison
Potion
Ring
Script
Shield
Shoulders
Staff

Tool
Trash
Trophy
Waist

This is with Sort Type > Category, as other sort types are of no help.

I'd love for equipment to be grouped together rather than scattered this way - even outside of dungeons it makes navigation quite tricky. There are filters, but for some reason that option is at the very bottom of the options despite being probably the most used and useful, and you can only clear the filters once you navigate back to that menu. So it's just a bit clunky.

Finally, I'd love to have an option to separate out equipment I've looted and equipment I use in my builds and need to keep on my character.

I could see it working in a few ways:

- ability to 'favourite' any item, in this case gear, and thus moving said items to a new 'favourites' category at the top so I can just skip them, this would be an amazing utility for consumables and things like maps, too
- ability to hide specified items while banking to prevent accidental deposits (the way some add-ons allow you to hide character bound items while banking); ideally this 'filter' could be toggled with a button on the banking screen

If anything like this exists I'd love to hear about it, if any devs would be up for picking any of this up I'd be eternally grateful and love to buy you a coffee.

Thanks!
Today, 07:24 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not playing in gamepad mode but here are a few addons that might help you to manage the inventory:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...oryUpdate.html

If those provide the searched features, I doubt it.
I do not even know addons in keyboard mode which do that.

Maybe Auto Category revised is something that you'd like to try out:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...y-Revised.html

It says it integrates into most gamepad invetory lists too.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Search/Request] Gamepad mode - tweaks to inventory/bank for easier equipment managem