01/28/15, 03:16 PM   #1
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Crash of ESO client at guild bank

Since a few days my ESO client crashes if I open the guild bank, switch around between some guilds, close the guild bank manually/let the NPC close the guild bank when he moves (what is a really annoying "feature" that should be removed imo...).

After this directly reopen the guild bank by talking to the NPC -> My client crashes now at once or if I change a filter inside the inventory (maybe change from all to weapons).
Somtimes it only will happen if I change a subfilter of AdvancedFilters but it is crashing too if I do not use the subfilters,

I'm not sure if this is addon related but I'll test it.
Just wanted to read if someone else got similar problems?
01/28/15, 04:29 PM   #2
Garkin

This could be related to addons.

I was trying to rewrite method how Dustman works and use SHARED_INVENTORY callbacks instead of event EVENT_INVENTORY_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE. As soon as I started using this callback game client every time crashed to desktop. I suspect that I have caused infinite loop by calling one of another SHARED_INVENTORY method from within the callback.

So, I wonder if your addons are doing something like I did before. I mean first addon detects change in the bank and does something what is handled by another addon. This addon does something what is handled by the frist addon and they keep calling each other in infinite loop.

Last edited by Garkin : 01/28/15 at 04:31 PM.
01/28/15, 04:29 PM   #3
Ayantir

crash = loop (99%)

disable your addons and find the one which is responsible of this ?
01/28/15, 05:19 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thx for your replies guys.

I know the infinite loop problem (have caused it by my own often enough^^).
But the client won't get unresponsive and I will have to close if then manually.
It just crashes back to the desktop in the same time I click something and it throws me the "client crash bug send dialog".

So I might be wrong but this does not look like an infinite loop.
I'll disable the addons and see when it is gone.
01/28/15, 05:29 PM   #5
Garkin

I dont know anything about bank, but with trading house if you call GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemInfo or GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemLink when there are no search result available (i.e. before calling ExecuteTradingHouseSearch), game client immediately crashes to desktop.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Crash of ESO client at guild bank