02/20/15, 08:08 PM   #1
joshmiller83
AddOn Super User

Premium Member
Question Errors... Trying to send Mail!

I keep getting these errors when clicking on the Send Mail button and then earlier got it as well try to go back to the Main Mail tab. I also can;t tell which addon might be causing it as there isn't one listed.

2015-02-20T17:17:36.321-05:00 |cff0000Lua Error: assertion failed
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:97: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:205: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/MailSend.lua:48: in function 'callback'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:86: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:234: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:113: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:ShowScene'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:327: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:221: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:235: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'|r
02/21/15, 09:38 AM   #2
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey,
Here's the line with devs comment:
Lua Code:
  1. -- Asserting here usually means that a key is already bound (typically because someone forgot to remove a keybinding).
  2. 97:    assert(self.keybinds[keybindButtonDescriptor.keybind] == nil)
So maybe there is some key binding conflict? Like one key bound to two actions or something... you can start with that.
02/21/15, 11:16 AM   #3
joshmiller83
AddOn Super User

Premium Member
You are not even able to have the same key-binding on 2 different keys. This isn't possible in ESO.

Also not even sure what keybinds would be related to my Mail Tabs.
02/21/15, 06:31 PM   #4
circonian
Originally Posted by joshmiller83 View Post
You are not even able to have the same key-binding on 2 different keys. This isn't possible in ESO.

Also not even sure what keybinds would be related to my Mail Tabs.
Yes you can. I forget exactly which categories could have the same keybind, but If I remember correctly it was basically if a key-bind is only useable during the HUD scene (when your running around no windows or anything open) it could also be bound to a key-bind that is only used during the HUDUI scene (pretty much when you have a window open of some kind).
02/21/15, 06:34 PM   #5
joshmiller83
AddOn Super User

Premium Member
Question

Hrm. No Keybinds are the same...

So is there an addon that could cause this? Doesn't happen with no addons running!
02/21/15, 06:44 PM   #6
circonian
Hrm. No Keybinds are the same...

So is there an addon that could cause this? Doesn't happen with no addons running!
Try turning them all off then back on one by one and mess with the mail trying to make it happen to see which one is doing it. If you post a list of addons you have we might be able to help you narrow down which ones to look at. My guess would be...a mail addon, possibly something that adds a button to the keybindStrip of the mail window. Which means it adds a button to the bottom of the screen when the mail is open, down here:
02/21/15, 08:38 PM   #7
Harven

Originally Posted by circonian View Post
Try turning them all off then back on one by one and mess with the mail trying to make it happen to see which one is doing it.
It will be faster if you use bisection method.
02/21/15, 09:04 PM   #8
joshmiller83
AddOn Super User

Premium Member
Thumbs up

This would all work if I could get it to happen every time.

It is so random...

I use no addon that mess with the Keybind strip in the mail.

The only mail addon I use is Wykkyds.

The keybind strip is modified outside of the mail with JunkIt on the Junk tab except I have no keybind set to Destroy 0 value Junk. I have a keybind for Toggling an items Junk Status, again thru JunkIt but that doesn't modify the keybind strip. I also use FCOItemSaver which "might" be messing with something somewhere but I'll have to do some more testing.

Just as a side note here is the list of AddOns my wife and I run for ESO. I am an AddOn Junkie in EVERY MMO we've played. lol
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwn...ew?usp=sharing
02/22/15, 02:54 AM   #9
circonian
This would all work if I could get it to happen every time.

It is so random...
Although no one else has reported this to me before and I could not reproduce the error, I think it may have been caused by JunkIt.

After lots of messing with it I noticed that if certain buttons were pushed, in certain inventories, in a certain order, and then you switched to the mail send window leaving the other inventory buttons in certain states....the Destroy 0 Value keybindStrip button was not being removed. Which is why it would have been very random & rare.

I fixed it and posted a new version of JunkIt: Version 3.0
Give it a try.

Last edited by circonian : 02/22/15 at 10:30 AM.
02/22/15, 02:57 AM   #10
joshmiller83
AddOn Super User

Premium Member
Cool! Thanks! Will try it out.
02/22/15, 10:30 AM   #11
circonian
Or, I now think, it has absolutely nothing to do with JunkIt.
I was able to reproduce a very similar stack traceback where the error is on the same line, caused by the same assert code (same problem). After I figured out how to do it I was able to reproduce the error every try, without any addons running.

I posted it here: Assert KeybindStrip Bug if your interested.

It is caused by moving your mouse around over different items in the inventory window when you open or change inventory windows.

Last edited by circonian : 02/22/15 at 11:15 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Errors... Trying to send Mail!