12/15/14, 07:57 AM   #1
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
search multiple pages in guildstore?

Need an answer/solution from our developers
addon - http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=695#info

When I search "Warlock" per example, it filters the current page. I have to click next on the bottom right to browse through pages and see if there are warlock items on other pages.
Works like a charm when there is one page of results, not so well when there are 10

quote from the author
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator
Unfortunately this is something that I cannot "fix". The API currently does not allow to filter guild store searches by text. I can only fetch one page at a time and filter the results locally.

Should ZOS ever change that and add some way to filter by text, I will adopt it as soon as they drop it on the PTS
im wondering, mby there is some trick or another solution bout it? or we need stay and w8 till ZOs allow it?
12/15/14, 08:43 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

There is one possible way, but that would add a lot of complexity and honestly won't work that well.
I could fetch all pages (like GuildStoreSearch did) and show all results at once.
This approach has two major drawbacks:
  • It will slow you down a lot if there are many pages. I could possibly mitigate this issue by showing all results as soon as they are available and load the rest in the background, but this will again add more complexity which I want to avoid (AGS is already complex enough as it is).
  • You cannot click on an item to buy it anymore. The reason for this is, that the purchase function expects an item index on the currently active page.
    So if there are 10 pages and you want to buy an item that was on page 4, I will have to check which page this item was on before and reload that page. In the meantime, there will be a few new items and a few others might have disappeared (bought or canceled) so the page might not be correct anymore and I would have no way to know where the item has gone. Too much potential errors that I now have to handle myself for my taste.

ZOS could fix this comparatively easy. They can
a) add a text filter to the search filters or
b) allow addons to download all filter results at once (remove the limit of 100 items per page) or
c) change the purchase function to allow purchase of items regardless of the currently opened page (unique ids for all items in a store)
or use some completely different solution that I haven't thought about.

The best solution for now is that you narrow your filter criteria until you have only one or two pages left.
12/18/14, 02:24 AM   #3
QuadroTony
Banned
Garkin, please, i know you can help with all your knowledge
12/18/14, 06:26 AM   #4
Garkin

Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
Garkin, please, i know you can help with all your knowledge
What do you expect me to do? This is how searching in guild store works and no hacks in API can change it.
In regards of guild store sirinsidiator knows much more then I do. He is continously working on AwesomeGuildStore and he has already tried most of the things which could be done.

Only thing I can imagine is making more visible information that there are available next pages of search results.
12/18/14, 06:47 AM   #5
QuadroTony
Banned
understant
i hope ZOs will change this situation in 1.6

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » search multiple pages in guildstore?