05/08/15, 09:40 PM   #1
Hexpecial
Buffs and Latency

Is it at all possible that you could have a buff bar and on top of the buff bar would be something like a ping interpreter?

Basically, you'd have the normal buff timer ticking and on top of that you'd have a second bar in a different colour that would be when you should hit the button again to account for the latency you have, so that it theoretically goes off when the other one ends?

Or for that matter, one which starts the timer early adding on the latency you've got, because I know with being in Australia, buffs are incorrect usually because of the latency.
05/12/15, 03:31 PM   #2
Sasky
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's a bit dubious for how much of a difference it makes. I haven't actually worked on any of the buff addons, but my impression is there isn't an API for any short-term buff/debuff. As such, they need to watch for essentially local keypresses and start a timer locally based on it.

For example, if you cast a buff skill then cancel it (with block) before it actually goes into effect the buff still shows up. Probably the easiest to try this on would be something like templar's Dark Flare b/c of the cast time.

If it's using a local timer of that sort, then it's already doing as best as possible for when you should reapply the buff. Of course, if your ping varies a lot, it'll be off, but that really can't be helped.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Buffs and Latency