08/06/14, 04:15 PM   #1
unLeashed3k
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

The purpose of this thread is to ask simple questions about the API and not a How-to tutorial. I have so many questions that often can be resolved with a yes or no, or a link to something that this type of thread may be beneficial to others.

When asking a question preface it with a Q# and answer with an A#.

I have one! ~laughs~

Q1: Is there a way to reverse the fill direction of a <StatusBar> with an attribute from the standard default of left-to-right?

Last edited by unLeashed3k : 08/11/14 at 11:36 PM.
08/06/14, 04:47 PM   #2
Harven

Hey unLeashed3k,

A1: no, but you can do that like I did in my All Experience Bars addon. The function is called HarvensExperienceBar:SwitchBarTextureAlignment().
08/06/14, 05:07 PM   #3
unLeashed3k
R1: Darn!, was hoping it would be as easy as <StatusBar fill="REVERSE" /> or SetMinMax(-200, 0) then set values going down such as SetValue(-20) for 10% filled on the right side. So with your example, if I got it straight, is to grab the texture coordinates and pull it to the left then reset the anchor of the texture?
08/06/14, 05:22 PM   #4
Harven

R1: Hmm... I didn't try SetMinMax(-200, 0) with SetValue(-x) - but I don't think it will work since the arrow texture is pointing in the wrong direction. Yes, I switched horizontal texture coordinates to make a mirror texture and then reanchored it with the other end. But all the problems are gone when you use statusbars like in my Research Timers
08/06/14, 05:30 PM   #5
Garkin

Originally Posted by unLeashed3k View Post
R1: Darn!, was hoping it would be as easy as <StatusBar fill="REVERSE" /> or SetMinMax(-200, 0) then set values going down such as SetValue(-20) for 10% filled on the right side. So with your example, if I got it straight, is to grab the texture coordinates and pull it to the left then reset the anchor of the texture?
If you want to do it in XML, try barAlignment="REVERSE":
xml Code:
  1. <StatusBar name="MyBar" inherits="ZO_PlayerAttributeStatusBar" barAlignment="REVERSE" />
08/06/14, 05:40 PM   #6
unLeashed3k
R1(Garkin): Works! I was using barAlignment="BAR_ALIGNMENT_REVERSE" because the WikiDocumentation told me so! Last time I listen to the Wiki! =)
08/07/14, 04:11 AM   #7
Harven

I was sure it will not work because that's the case with ZO_ArrowStatusBarWithBG. But looks like ZO_PlayerAttributeStatusBar is completly different... sorry for misleading you

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Ask a simple question, get a simple answer