05/09/14, 12:05 PM   #1
Khorrhxe
[Request] Clear Screen on Load / Reload UI

Hi,

Would be great to have a VERY simple addon that simply clears the screen whenever addons are loaded (at the end?).

The purpose of this addon would be to erase the startup text notices from other addons (spambayes and a lot of others) who always show on load and have NO options for the disabling of those notices I.e the notices that say XYZ has loaded.. or whichever.

Just an idea!

I always have to use /clear manually to clear those (that /clear option is from another addon though..).
05/09/14, 12:39 PM   #2
Stormknight

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Much easier to ask the authors of those addons to make their "Hey - you logged in and this addon is doing things! Yay!" messages an option.
05/09/14, 01:07 PM   #3
Khorrhxe
I don't know, there's like 6-7 addons that I have that generate load text.. a simple 'on load, clear text' addon would be cool and perhaps easier to implement..
05/09/14, 01:24 PM   #4
Iyanga
Or just grab a text editor, find the line with the output and remove it.
05/09/14, 02:46 PM   #5
stjobe

Originally Posted by Iyanga View Post
Or just grab a text editor, find the line with the output and remove it.
And then do it again, for every addon that does it, every time those addons are updated.

Not an ideal solution, much better that us addon authors realize our users aren't as interested in knowing our addon has started as we are
05/09/14, 03:31 PM   #6
Khorrhxe
Originally Posted by stjobe View Post
And then do it again, for every addon that does it, every time those addons are updated.

Not an ideal solution, much better that us addon authors realize our users aren't as interested in knowing our addon has started as we are
Yes, preach it brother!
05/09/14, 03:36 PM   #7
Iyanga
Originally Posted by stjobe View Post
Why bother updating if it works?

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Clear Screen on Load / Reload UI