Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07/16/14, 01:22 AM   #1
Khaibit

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Center Announce messages 'stuck' when returning to fullscreen?

So, I've had a few users comment that the center screen announce messages that my addon generates all re-appear and get stuck on-screen if you alt-tab out of the game and then alt-tab back in. I don't normally play in 'true' full-screen mode (since I tend to be alt-tabbing back and forth a lot I stay in "windowed" full-screen), so I didn't notice it during development, but...they're right. They do. :\

Is this a bug with the center screen announce object in general? Or am I doing something incorrectly here? I'm generating messages like so:

Code:
local alertSound = (user setting, read from savedvars)
CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE:AddMessage(EVENT_SKILL_RANK_UPDATE, CSA_EVENT_SMALL_TEXT, 
  alertSound, string.format("my string that actually has variables", var1, var2, ...))
On occasion more than one is queued up in rapid succession, but they display normally and disappear normally in all instances that I've seen. The message text isn't particularly complex, an item link in the middle of a sentence with no other special characters. But if I start the client in true fullscreen mode, alt-tab out, alt-tab back, and however many I've displayed since the last /reloadui all 'stack' and sit there.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Center Announce messages 'stuck' when returning to fullscreen?