Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04/10/14, 07:40 PM   #1
Durstie
Question Check if Pending Trading House Action

I'm trying to create my first addon to cycle through all trading house pages of all my guilds. My script does this loop adequately enough for a first attempt, except it does it too quickly. It gets to the point that it tries to execute a search while waiting for the previous search to complete and I get the "Another action is in process" or similar error in the top right corner of my screen after the first result is processed.

What I want to know is, is there a way to infinite loop (or pause) until there are no pending trading house actions? I found this global variable on the wiki.esoui.com page, but, being a n00b, I don't understand how I can check/use it to my advantage. I've tried looking at examples of other scripts that use those globals, but their implementations cause mine to freeze. I tried a while do loop where the --COMMENT-- is in my code below, to check if the global was set; but it just caused my game to crash.

GLOBAL - TRADING_HOUSE_RESULT_SEARCH_PENDING

Any suggestions or guidance?

Code:
function THP.getStoreListings(guildId)
  local numPages
  if SelectTradingHouseGuildId(guildId) then
    ClearAllTradingHouseSearchTerms()
    for var=1,100 do
      --If Another Trading House Action Is In Progress Wait for it to complete--
      ExecuteTradingHouseSearch(var, TRADING_HOUSE_SORT_SALE_PRICE, true)
      for index=1,100 do
        local icon, itemName, quality, stackCount, sellerName, timeRemaining, purchasePrice = GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemInfo(index)
        if icon then
          THP.print(stackCount .. "x " .. itemName)
        end
      end
    end
  end
end
Thank you,

Durstie

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Check if Pending Trading House Action