Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01/09/16, 07:26 AM   #8
CaptainBlagbird

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm stupid

I did as you said, created a new MapTools.txt file, only containing the file list and nothing else (no copyright notice or manifest info). Reloaded ui. Oddly enough in the AddOn list the title was still formatted and there was a description/author etc...

Pretty obvious what the problem was, I had made a copy of the MapTools folder and renamed it for creating a new add-on based on the code. I guess I was interrupted right then and never continued, so there were still the original files in that folder. Then when I recently changed the file structure those two files weren't the same anymore obviously. So depending on which MapTools.txt ESO loaded first I got the bug or not

Well at least now I know that ESO wont compare folder and txt file name, and will use relative paths based on the manifest name. I think that even something like this would be possible:

Code:
AddOns/
│
├── MyManifests/
│   ├── MyAddOn1.txt
│   └── MyAddOn2.txt
│
├── MyAddOn1/
│   └── src.lua
│
└── MyAddOn2/
    └── src.lua

Edit:

Haha, check this out (attachment), multiple saved variables for "one add-on" (still multiple add-ons listed under ADDONS though)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MyMaster.zip (1.5 KB, 447 views)

Last edited by CaptainBlagbird : 01/09/16 at 08:10 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Key bindings of an add-on lost after UI reload