03/27/15, 11:23 AM   #1
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you do not want to read the eso.exe memory/screen you could do a workaround maybe:

Save a screenshot as some trigger executes (may freeze the screen for a few milli seconds ) and then let your external program check the screenshot folder for new files, read the file's pixels, delete the screenshot afterwards.

maybe this can work without any1 getting "angry" with ZOS :-)

03/27/15, 01:20 PM   #2
merlight
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If you do not want to read the eso.exe memory/screen you could do a workaround maybe:

Save a screenshot as some trigger executes (may freeze the screen for a few milli seconds ) and then let your external program check the screenshot folder for new files, read the file's pixels, delete the screenshot afterwards.
That's just a more clunky way of reading the frame buffer IMO the difference between the OP and directly reading process memory is purely technical.

03/28/15, 03:47 AM   #3
Fyrakin

Any 3rd party program reading process memory poses a serious security risk. I wouldn't reccomend anyone using that kind of solution.

03/28/15, 04:55 AM   #4
It don't read ESO memory at all x)
It get windows's display pixel, it's exactly like take a screenshot and read it ^^'

And to be sure It's leggit, I don't even interact in any way with the window of the game, just Windows, so it work only in windowed.
I only use https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396

Injector's like SweetFX's one do a lot more, and nobody get ban for use it :x

Last edited by 04348 : 03/28/15 at 05:17 AM.

03/28/15, 10:28 AM   #5
Ayantir

I'm a way too old for that kind of stuff

ESOUI » AddOns » Alpha/Beta AddOns » [WIP] Communicate with external program - Demo with playlist player