09/07/15, 12:39 PM   #1
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
EVENT_POI_UPDATED no longer firing

EVENT_POI_UPDATED used to fire when POI (quest hub) went from black to white (got compleated by finishing relevant quests). I didn't find any mention of this in patch notes, so I guess this is a bug.
I ran through several POI quest chunks to complete them but this event never fired for me. Would be nice to know if its going to be fixed or replaced with something else.
09/08/15, 08:55 AM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
EVENT_POI_UPDATED used to fire when POI (quest hub) went from black to white (got compleated by finishing relevant quests). I didn't find any mention of this in patch notes, so I guess this is a bug.
I ran through several POI quest chunks to complete them but this event never fired for me. Would be nice to know if its going to be fixed or replaced with something else.
I briefly tried reproing this and everything seemed fine. What POIs were you experiencing problems with?
09/08/15, 10:13 AM   #3
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I briefly tried reproing this and everything seemed fine. What POIs were you experiencing problems with?
I was doing quest hubs in Glenumbra as part of Cadwll's gold.
I listen to this event to update/refresh POI pins on MiniMap. Before 1.7 everything was working fine.

After some closer look on my side I found that there is a local variable for current zoneId declaration missing, I probably accidentally deleted it before running these tests at some point. I'll see if it now fires.

Err nope it didn't work. Just completed Cath Bedraud POI for a skillpoint, right after turning in the quest I expected this event to fire and update POI pins. Well, if it indeed fire then GetPOIMapInfo(zoneId, poiIndex) returned wrong icon (texture) for the pin.
After some time I manually executed update function and it applied proper icon.

I can confirm that this event indeed fires, but I suspect that at the moment this event fires GetPOIMapInfo(zoneId, poiIndex) returns the old texture value for the POI pin, I just made 300ms delay for the update and everything is fine now.

Last edited by Fyrakin : 09/08/15 at 11:09 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » PTS 2.1 API changes (100011 to 100012 diff)